This is information regarding upcoming MUN events. Three of those listed are for MS and HS students. It would be appreciated if you would discuss these events with your children and encourage them to attend at least one of these this year to experience the excitement of MUN. This list is not definitive, other local MUN events may occur but the two out of country trips are definite for this upcoming school year.
1. HSINMUN Oct. 13-15Cost approximately 6000-8500 NT dependent upon number of students sharing rooms. Deadline to register and pay is August 22. Students would leave school approximately 2:30 PM October 13 and return late afternoon Oct. 15. MS welcome and encouraged to attend. Great conference for new MUN delegates.
2. THIMUN Singapore Nov. 21-24.. Last year's cost was 53000NT. More students means lower cost. Students leave on Monday morning Nov. 20 and return Saturday Nov. 25. The Thanksgiving holiday is from November 23 and 24 so only three school days are missed.Deadline for registration and payment is Sept.8
3. STMUN Kaohsiung, Dec. 2-3.Students leave Taichung approximately 6AM Dec. 2 and return approximately 7PM December 3. Cost between 6000 and 8000NT. NOTE: THIS IS SAT testing time so plan accordingly. MS are welcome. Deadline for payment and registration is Oct 18.
4. THIMUN...THE Hague, Netherlands. This is a first time invite for AST to this prestigious event. The Hague is home to THIMUN foundation and ICJ. Conference is Jan 28-Feb. 2. Cost approximately 75,000 - 90,000nt dependent upon students attending. HS only. Students would probably leave Jan. 26 or 27 and return on Feb. 3 or 4.Very prestigious event.Looks great on resume and university applications. Deadline for applications is September 8.
5. TAIMUN- here at AST April 18-20. All students from Grades 8-12 are involved in one way or another. No cost.
6. TASMUN - Approximately April 27-29. MS and HS. Cost TBA.
Courtesy of TAIMUN Coordinator：Ms. Sylvia Wiebe