AST students returned this week from the London Culture Trip. During the time away, students had the opportunity to:
- Visit Stratford Upon Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare.
- Explore the RSC interactive exhibition.
- Take a tour of the Globe theatre and participate in a workshop based on A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- Visit the Harry Potter Studios where students could explore the actual film sets used in the series.
- Attend the National Theatre's production of War Horse. This included a backstage tour, invite to cast warm up and Q and A.
- Attend a puppetry workshop hosted by a cast member of War Horse.
- Attend a talk from Oxbridge concerning university applications.
- Watch a variety of West End shows, including Wicked and Matilda the Musical.
Students and teachers alike had a wonderful time. We did not want to leave! Thanks to all students, and their families, for making this trip happen. You made it a truly magical experience. Was a pleasure to share the experience with such a wonderful group.
Special thanks to Ms. Leach and Mrs. Green for chaperoning. Your help was very much appreciated.
Courtesy of Ms. Katie Leahy