Dear AST Families and Friends,
We wanted to take a moment to tell you about a few of those extra things that have been happening during activity time and advisory time.
- Artist in Residence Assemblies - We have held two assemblies related to our Artist in Residence program. The first was a kick off event and the second (this week’s) assembly allowed Mr. Godfrey Semwaiko to show off the student work over the past two weeks.
- Bus Safety Training - The vast majority of AST students have gone through safety training on the school bus. This includes fundamentals like wearing seat belts and remaining seated while the bus is moving as well as evacuation details in the event of an accident like escape hatches and emergency windows.
- Parent Speakers - We have had three parents so far come in and share their stories about school, career, and life during advisory time with high school students. We value this sharing and the different perspectives of the presenting parents.
We held our first Tea Time on Friday with elementary parents. The Tea Time is an opportunity for parents to give general feedback directly to the Directors. For individual concerns, we do ask that you schedule a specific private time with the Directors by making an appointment with Ms. Ching.
The next Tea Times are scheduled to start at 2:30 pm in the MPR.
- MS - Thursday, September 27
- HS - Friday, September 28
We are going to use part of these Tea Times this month to talk about MAPs testing. We will provide more information about what it is, how we use it, and what the data means to parents. We hope that everyone can join us.
Finally, we’d like to wish everyone a happy holiday on Monday. We have no school and hope that everyone enjoys the time with their family.
Have a great weekend,