Dear AST Families and Friends,
Thank you to the parents that joined us for the Tea Time with the Directors this week. We talked about Alma, Google Classroom, and changes to AP testing. The full notes from the meeting can be found here.
Mosquitoes and biting midges continue to be the bane of our existence at AST at this time of year. We are spraying to kill them on a weekly basis (typically on Monday, after school). Based upon the location up in the mountains within the trees and lush vegetation where our school resides, we will never be rid of the pests, but we are doing what we can to control them.
The fall MAPS testing Family Report should have gone home this week. We finished the final makeup test on Thursday. If you have not received the report, please contact the advisory teacher. Reprints of the report can also be requested from Ms. Claire.
On Monday, Dr. Wiles returns to the classroom. Two weeks ago, he had a serious fall while bicycling resulting in a broken femur. We have welcomed a guest teacher for the majority of his classes, but we look forward to the return of Dr. Wiles. We have set up a temporary classroom space in the cafeteria for our music program during his recovery. On Thursday, the first classes met in the new space as we tested the setup. This space will allow Dr. Wiles to work with our kids and remain safe during his recovery. We are still investigating options to get Dr. Wiles back into his normal classroom, but this temporary classroom is allowing him to return now.
There are a few dates to keep on your calendar for the coming weeks:
- Friday, 13 Sept - No School for Mid-Autumn Festival
- Thursday, 19 Sept - PA Meeting at 2 pm in the MPR
- Friday, 20 Sept - Half Day with buses departing at 12:20 pm
Finally, college recruiters are visiting AST regularly during this time of year. Soon, we are welcoming Boston University and the University of British Columbia. Parents are welcome to join these presentations. For a full listing, please check the school calendar.
Have a great week,
Staying Connected with AST:
- AST Official Iine: Please add AST official Line by clicking on this link or use the following QR code https://line.me/R/ti/p/%40ast.tw
- MS/HS Athletics Line: http://nav.cx/4lAmxL8
- AST School Events- Please subscribe to this link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=YXN0LnRjLmVkdS50d182OG83cDhyNjd0NTU4YXRkdWQ2YW12bTFvY0Bncm91cC5jYWxlbmRhci5nb29nbGUuY29t