Dear AST Families and Friends,
Yesterday, the Parent Association met for the final meeting of the year. We would like to again thank Ms. Debra Liu for her service to the school and the association as its President for the past two years. Ms. Liu’s son, Norman, is graduating this year and excited to be heading off to UCLA to continue pursuing his educational career.
We would like to also thank Ms. Eunice Wang & Ms. Emma Green for stepping forward together to assume the role of Co-Presidents for the coming years. These two people are excited about improving the support of new parents to AST and are committed to improving the diversity of the parent association. The entire meeting yesterday was held in English with translation into Chinese. The new ideas and leadership from our new Presidents will help us all move together as partners in our children’s education.
Ongoing one-on-one conversations are happening with students in grades eight through eleven related to scheduling and future planning. If you haven’t talked to Mr. Keen or Ms. Wilson yet, make an appointment today. Additionally, we are offering a presentation targeted at 8th-grade students and parents at 3:45 pm on Wednesday, May 29th, entitled Planning for College Now. We will talk about the things that 8th-grade students should be doing this summer as part of their college planning.
Finally, it is our pleasure to share with you that TAIMUN XVII raised $16,000 NTD for the Taichung Learning Disability Center (LDA) during the event. Special thanks go to Secretary General, Juliat Lin, and Deputy Secretary-General, Norman Hsu, for their leadership in TAIMUN and in the fundraising for the Taichung LDA. It is great to see the impact of their vision to help raise more awareness around the challenges these students have, and to financially help these struggling students to learn more effectively.
Have a great weekend,
Anthony and Annie
Friday, 24 May
- The HS Drama will be performing their take on the Little Mermaid at 2:30 pm. Seating is extremely limited. Please contact Mr. Wiles with questions.
- This is the last regular day for seniors.
- The AST Awards Party will be held at the Tempus Hotel. This will include athletics awards like MVP and Most Inspirational for different teams. It will include academic awards like the Leadership Award for each division (ES/MS/HS) and the Global Citizenship Award from EARCOS. And, it will also include club awards and recognition for students’ significant contributions and models of good participation, service, and integrity by being reliable and consistent. We look forward to seeing everyone there.
To ease transportation, students may sign up for a direct bus from AST to the Party. They should bring their change of clothes with them to school. They must sign-up for this express bus by Wednesday. The bus sign up sheet has been posted on the bulletin board outside of Mr. Yuri’s door. Please contact Mr. Yuri for more details.
Wednesday, 29 May
- The MS Drama will be performing at 2:30 pm. Seating is limited. Please contact Ms. Leahy with questions.
- 8th Grade Students & Parents Presentation: “Planning for College Now” at 3:45 pm in the MPR
Friday, 31 May
- The ES End of Year Celebration is at 2:30 pm. All ES Parents are encouraged to attend. Please contact Ms. Spinelli with questions.