Dear AST Families and Friends,
Thank you to all the families that participated in Family Fun Night. You can find a few pictures from the event here. An additional thank you goes to those parents who joined us for Tea Time with the Directors. It is important that we keep an open two-way dialogue with parents, who are our partners in educating our young people.
Last Friday, we announced our 30th Anniversary Logo contest winner. The three top vote receivers are shown to the left.
These logos are being incorporated in different ways.
- Ivan’s logo is being used on the flyers and online branding.
- Rick’s logo was used as the backing of the Chinese New Year card.
- Henry’s logo has not yet been utilized.
This year’s AST International Carnival flyer (pictured further down) was made by Christine Kao in grade 12 and incorporates Ivan’s logo.
Please congratulate and thank these contributors when you see them. We have so many amazing artists and performers at this school -- we are fortunate to be able to empower and celebrate them.
Call for Performers
On a related note, if any student, family member, or friend would be interested in performing at the AST International Carnival, please sign up here by February 18.
A Few Logistical and Procedural Reminders
Our 9th-grade students will take the PSAT on Wednesday, March 6 at school. In preparation for this, there are two PSAT Pre-administration opportunities:
- PSAT Pre-administration session 1: Tuesday, Feb 26; 3:35 in the MPR
- PSAT Pre-administration session 2: Wednesday, Feb 27; 3:35 in the MPR
If a student cannot attend these sessions, they should contact Ms. Wilson.
A few quick reminders related to absences:
- We need contact from parents about absences (an email from the student is not sufficient.)
- Ms. Claire should be the point of contact for all absences. Email: email@example.com
- Pre-arranged absences require that a form is taken to all teachers and submitted to the school secretary three school days before the absence. Without the completed form, absences will be marked unexcused.
Finally, we would like to wish everyone a Happy Chinese New Year.
Have a great break,